Wednesday 16 October 2013

Charlie Landsborough Show

Tonight i went to Theatre Severn in Shrewsbury, the act I went to see was Country / Irish singer Charlie Landsborough who performs all his own material based on characters he has met, situations he has been in and so forth. Each one linked with some funny gags and having been involved in entertainment for some 35 years I thought there wasnt many gags I hadn't heard but Charlie rattled loads off. The songs were well performed but overall a bit too laid back for me. Needed some up tempo ones to give the overall repetoire some light and shade. High light for me was "What Colour Is The Wind" about a blind boy asking his dad what colour was the wind, a moving song which I have heard sung many times by different people but always touches the heart strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment