Saturday 19 October 2013

ELO EXPERIENCE

ELO EXPERIENCE at THEATRE SEVERN SHREWSBURY SATURDAY 19th OCTOBER 2013.


This was my fourth visit of the week to Theatre Severn and another show I was looking forward to seeing. Having bought ELO (Electric Light Orchestra) singles in the 70s and playing them at gigs I was up to seeing this tribute band and can honestly say that I was not dissapointed.

Fronted by a Jeff Lynne lookalike the band consisted of Lead & rythymn guitars, bass guitar, drums, keyboards and two lovely young ladies on accoustic cellos.

They recreated the sound of the records with precision, backed by superb lighting effects and a back drop that changed for different songs, my favourite one being monkeys dancing and kittens playing guitar for Rock n Roll Is King.

The two hours flew by as hit after hit like "Living Thing" "Roll Over Beethoven" "Mr Blue Sky" "Xanadu" "Evil Woman" "Telephone Line" "Rock n Roll Is King" & "Hold On Tight", were interspersed with album tracks, however, don't just take my word for it check them out on facebook, twitter or their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment