Thursday 1 January 2015

2014 reviewed

As the year end draws near one reflects on achievements in the past 12 months and what a busy time its been.
The year began with my book on St Marys Players & Singers selling well. This was followed by the annual Senior Citizens Party which was the 5th one I had organised, then came some fund raising for Trelystan Church restoration Fund which was just short of £1,500. February saw the publication of my What's On Welshpool newsletter and which has been printed and distributed every month since.
Then there was Mayor's Sunday parade with British Legion and afterwards I was presented with a Community Award, followed by organising Be a Local Tourist Week.
August saw the launch of my latest book Entertaining Mid Wales & Beyond, while September saw my annual Celebrity Golf Day raise nearly £2,000 for Marie Curie. Volunteering at Get Going Gang and assisting with their fundraising.
December saw numerous engagements as Father Christmas, a letter from Prince Charles's secretary thanking me for a copy of the book also getting people to have their photos taken with Sainsburys Chocolate Bars in aid of Britiish Legion which attracted great media coverage.
Also in the past 12 months I have undertaken a lot more talks to WI's & other groups, my project of setting up an open churches network is gaining momentum, and entertainment bookings have continued to come in. Plus numerous visits to theatres to review shows, charity collections and much more!
Not bad for 12 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment